A UNIVERSITY CONTRIBUTING TO THE WORLD REVOLUTION
The University of Bordeaux and its partners have translated their ambition on a roadmap aimed at moving towards multidisciplinary research and training within a social framework.
This roadmap places the university in an international dimension, with the establishment of simple, organized professional processes.
Major socioeconomic challenges providing food for thought
The main socioeconomic challenges are known. The University of Bordeaux must adapt its process to:
- its recognized role
- the territory in which it is embedded
- its regional, European and global outreach.
The potential roleof the University ofBordeauxin facing thesechallengeswas analyzed andfourkey themes were highlighted:
- Throwing light on the future of our societies
- Preparing the economy of tomorrow
- Supporting a major metropolitan area in a Euro-regional perspective
- Accelerating the transformation of the university
Expected results in terms of international reputation and socioeconomic impact for France
The expected results of that strategy are identified for the University of Bordeaux, France and society. This excellence strategy targets three major objectives in terms of results:
- International repute of France in the field of research and higher education, in order to ensure that the University of Bordeaux is ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide
- Growth in France through innovation, with a clear objective of contributing to the progress of Aquitaine in the “high Innovators” category of the Regional Innovation Scoreboard
- Sustainable renewal of the regional, national and European economy, in order to optimize innovations in new markets with high added value and high growth potential.