Call for applications 2018
Applications are open from April 16 (9:00 am) to May 18 (05:00 pm, French time), through the online application platform
Eligible candidates are fellows meeting the following criteria:
- excellent record of scientific, academic or institutional achievements;
- employed by a non-French institution;
- bearing the title of professor, assistant professor or equivalent in their institution of origin;
- supported by an education or research unit from the University of Bordeaux or one of the IdEx partners (assistance in finding an appropriate host unit may be provided);
- proposing a project with a clear impact in terms of the site’s education, research and international policy;
- upper age limit of scholars at the moment of the end of the appointment: 65 years.
In the framework of this program, IdEx Bordeaux will finance stays going from 1 to 10 months. The Visiting scholars program does not fund short visits (<1 month).
Visits must be programmed to start between September 2018 and August 2019 and run in consecutive weeks.
Financial support from IdEx Bordeaux will include the scholar’s salary (equivalent to a French professor’s salary), as well as travel expenses (round-trip from the fellow’s place of residence).
Applications should be submitted through the dedicated online platform.
The overriding selection criteria are first the academic standing and achievements of the visitor in terms of research and teaching, and second the potential benefits to the receiving institution in terms of skills and expertize. Application documents, and particularly the letter of support of the director of the host structure, should clearly argue on these points.
- April 9 2018: publication of the call.
- April 16 2018: start of the application process.
- May 18 2018: deadline for applications.
- June 2018: publication of results.
- From September 2018 to August 2019: start of the visits.