2020 Call for applications
Eligible candidates are fellows meeting the following criteria:
- excellent record of scientific, academic or institutional achievements;
- employed by a non-French institution;
- bearing the title of professor, assistant professor or equivalent in their institution of origin;
- supported by an education or research unit from the University of Bordeaux or one of the IdEx université de Bordeaux partners;
- proposing a project with a clear impact in terms of the site’s education, research and international policy;
- upper age limit of scholars at the moment of the end of the appointment: 65 years.
In the framework of this program, IdEx université de Bordeaux will finance stays going from 1 to 10 months. The Visiting scholars program does not fund short visits (<1 month).
Visits must be programmed to start between April 2020 and December 2020 and run in consecutive weeks.
Financial support from IdEx université de Bordeaux will include the scholar’s salary (equivalent to a French professor’s salary), as well as travel expenses (round-trip from the fellow’s place of residence).
Applications should be submitted through the dedicated online platform.
The overriding selection criteria are first the academic standing and achievements of the visitor in terms of research and teaching, and second the potential benefits to the receiving institution in terms of skills and expertize. Application documents, and particularly the letter of support of the director of the host structure, should clearly argue on these points.
- October 21 2019: start of the application process.
- December 1 2019: deadline for applications.
- Februar 2020: publication of results.
- From April 2020 to December 2020: start of the visits.