Objective: allowing young international researchers to carry out their research projects in one of Bordeaux’s research laboratories.
Support is granted to researchers from all disciplines demonstrating excellence in terms of their profile and their project.
The post-doctoral programme will not be launched by 2020. Information on the 2021 campaign will be given as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
The Initiative of Excellence of the University of Bordeaux (IdEx université de Bordeaux) is opening positions for post-doctoral fellows.
High-profile international candidates from any scientific field, holding a doctorate degree delivered by a non-French institution, and wishing to achieve a further step in their career in the outstanding research environment of the University of Bordeaux and its partnering institutions, are welcome to apply. Candidates promoting an original and innovative research project in one of the scientific priorities of IdEx université de Bordeaux will be considered with particular attention. These comprise the following domains: materials science, neuroscience, environment and ecosystems, digital systems, archaeology, lasers and photonics, public health, translational imaging, cardiology.
- Applicants should hold a doctorate awarded by a non-French institution and be in an incoming mobility situation (not having resided or worked in France for more than 12 months in the last 3 years at the end of the present call). Fellows should not hold or have previously held a research position in Bordeaux area.
- The doctoral degree should have been awarded between 4 years before the end of the present call (+1 year per maternity/paternity leave with a maximum of 2 years), and not later than 3 months after the end of the call.
- Applicants must promote their own research project to be carried in the laboratory of their choice for a maximum period of two years.
- Applicants must be supported by a local researcher and by his/her laboratory.
Candidates for an IdEx université de Bordeaux Post-doctoral fellowship cannot act as a PI for a Junior Chair grant in the same year. If such is the case, only the post-doctoral application will be considered eligible.
The funding includes a maximum two-year post-doctoral contract and a contribution to project-related fees (travel, consumables, etc.).
Major projects management office
Tel : 05 40 00 67 82
2019 Call for applications
Proposals must be submitted electronically via our online application platform. All requested documents must be provided in order to validate your application (refer to the Applicant guide for details).
Please note that because the evaluation process will involve international reviewers, all documents must be written in English.
In order to prepare your application, please follow these steps:
- Identify the proper local scientific environment for your project.
- Obtain the agreement of a local laboratory.
- Prepare your application by downloading Documents A and B from our website or from the online application platform.
- Once all the requested documents are completed, go to the online application platform and log in or create an account.
- Once logged in, fill in the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- The Project proposal, or Document A (in pdf format);
- The Ethical issues document, or Document B (in pdf format);
- A short CV with a list of a maximum of 3 referents, max. 2 pages (in pdf format);
- A major achievements track-record, max. 2 pages. (list of major publications, patents and other important scientific communications and awards, in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the local mentor (in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the director of the host laboratory (in pdf format);
- A cover letter (in pdf format);
- Signed letters from the referents mentioned in the CV (in pdf format). Reference letters may be attached with the other application documents, or sent directly to the address indicated at the end of this document;
- A copy of your PhD certificate or any other official document attesting that the candidate holds a doctoral degree, in French or English (in pdf format).
The selection is conducted by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site, on the basis of evaluation reports written by external reviewers.
External reviewers will evaluate each proposal. Each reviewer will be provided with the same framework and clear instructions for performing the marking:
Excellence of the candidate, evaluated on two criteria:
- Research experience and scientific production including patents, publications ...
- Consistency of the candidate’s profile with the research project (scientific background and experience in the field
Research project, evaluated on two criteria:
- Scientific/technological quality and innovative nature of the project
- Structure of the project (precise definition of expected outputs, selected methods, setting of milestones)
- October 19 2018: call publication
- November 9 2018: opening of the application process
- January 16 2019: deadline for applications
- January 30 2019: eligibility evaluation
- Late April 2019: publication of results
- From July 2019 to December 31 2019: beginning of the post-doctoral contracts
*any change of the provisional calendar will be announced on this page.
5 campaigns since 2013
|56 funding||18 different nationalities|
J'ai un doctorat en relations internationales et, au cours des dernières années, mes recherches se sont concentrées dans les domaines du régionalisme comparatif et des études de sécurité, en accordant une attention particulière aux relations internationales de l'ancien espace soviétique et au rôle des organisations internationales en Eurasie. En partant de l'étude des fonctions « non conventionnelles » des organisations
régionales dans la région post-soviétique, en particulier en matière de sécurité aux frontières, de lutte contre la criminalité transnationale organisée et de lutte contre le terrorisme, j'ai développé un nouveau projet actuellement soutenu par l'IdEx et hébergé par le Centre Émile Dukheim à Sciences Po Bordeaux. Ma recherche actuelle porte sur la façon dont les différentes organisations régionales contribuent à la production de normes,
de politiques et de pratiques dans la lutte contre le crime organisé transnational. Parallèlement, depuis mon arrivée, je collabore avec plusieurs membres du Centre Émile Dukheim sur des projets parallèles, par exemple en organisant conjointement des ateliers et en assemblant des publications multi-auteurs.
Alessandra Russo (Italie),
chercheuse en post-doctorat à Sciences Po Bordeaux en sociologie au Centre Émile Dukheim
- © L. Calçada The work of Philip von Paris, post-doctoral fellow at the Laboratoire d'Astrophysique de Bordeaux (LAB, UMR CNRS 5804), working with Franck Selssis
" Are the atmospheres of (terrestrial) exoplanets detectable from Earth? Is it possible to characterize these atmospheres, their composition, their temperature? How can we determine the habitability of discovered exoplanets? To address these fundamental questions, this project aims at developing a consistent retrieval system for the interpretation of spectroscopic data of exoplanetary atmospheres. It is the first to investigate consistently the retrieval process for general types of exoplanets, ranging from (hot) terrestrial planets to hot Neptunes and Jupiters. "