2019 Call for applications
Proposals must be submitted electronically via our online application platform. All requested documents must be provided in order to validate your application (refer to the Applicant guide for details).
Please note that because the evaluation process will involve international reviewers, all documents must be written in English.
In order to prepare your application, please follow these steps:
- Identify the proper local scientific environment for your project.
- Obtain the agreement of a local laboratory.
- Prepare your application by downloading Documents A and B from our website or from the online application platform.
- Once all the requested documents are completed, go to the online application platform and log in or create an account.
- Once logged in, fill in the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- The Project proposal, or Document A (in pdf format);
- The Ethical issues document, or Document B (in pdf format);
- A short CV with a list of a maximum of 3 referents, max. 2 pages (in pdf format);
- A major achievements track-record, max. 2 pages. (list of major publications, patents and other important scientific communications and awards, in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the local mentor (in pdf format);
- A signed letter of support from the director of the host laboratory (in pdf format);
- A cover letter (in pdf format);
- Signed letters from the referents mentioned in the CV (in pdf format). Reference letters may be attached with the other application documents, or sent directly to the address indicated at the end of this document;
- A copy of your PhD certificate or any other official document attesting that the candidate holds a doctoral degree, in French or English (in pdf format).
The selection is conducted by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site, on the basis of evaluation reports written by external reviewers.
External reviewers will evaluate each proposal. Each reviewer will be provided with the same framework and clear instructions for performing the marking:
Excellence of the candidate, evaluated on two criteria:
- Research experience and scientific production including patents, publications ...
- Consistency of the candidate’s profile with the research project (scientific background and experience in the field
Research project, evaluated on two criteria:
- Scientific/technological quality and innovative nature of the project
- Structure of the project (precise definition of expected outputs, selected methods, setting of milestones)
- October 19 2018: call publication
- November 9 2018: opening of the application process
- January 16 2019: deadline for applications
- January 30 2019: eligibility evaluation
- April 2019: publication of results
- From July 2019 to December 31 2019: beginning of the post-doctoral contracts
*any change of the provisional calendar will be announced on this page.