My scientific event
Objective : assisting researchers who want to organize colloquia, international conferences and scientific events.
Laboratories and research organizations of the University of Bordeaux demonstrate throughout the year their dynamism in organizing numerous scientific events.
Dedicated to all researchers, teacher-researchers of the University of Bordeaux and its partners, the aim of My scientific event is to support project initiators in organizing theirs events, to enable them to focus essentially on the projects scientific ambitions.
Our missions :
- Providing advice and guidance at each stage of the project
- Assisting with the preparation of the event
- Providing organizational tools and solutions, adapted to specific needs
- Ensuring an active watch of the event local environment, new technologies and tools to match the attendees’ new expectations
Depending on needs, irrespective of the project stage and the host site, customized assistance is available to guide researchers and identify the partners and liable contacts to ensure the success of the event.
Any upcoming event ?
A first meeting with you will enable us to discuss the project, analyse its history and determine the amount of assistance required.
Then, we establish together a schedule of regular progress meetings, according to the milestones set and as the event date gets closer.
Setting up the project
We support you in your thinking upstream to build an efficient economic model for the event to facilitate the project management.
- Feasibility studies
- Help with the drafting and compilation of proposals to host an international conference
- Drawing up a detailed budget estimate and its possible variations depending on the number of delegates
Event management and follow-up
You are designated to be the local organizer of an international conference for a scholarly organization ? You are responsible for the organization of an event as a whole ? You intend to organize the very first edition of a scientific conference ? According to the history and your issues, we help you to mobilize the necessary human and financial resources to optimize the project management and ensure its efficient follow-up.
- Analysis of objectives and priorities
- Identification of the in-house resources that need to be mobilized
- Assistance with planning and division of tasks and responsibilities among boards and committees
- Participation in meetings, steering committees, videoconferences and site visits with the project initiator
- Budget monitoring and optimization
- Assistance with the post-assessment of the event
Partners and fundings
To ensure the financial balance of the event, we can assist you in looking for partners and funding.
- Grant applications follow-up with institutional partners
- Assistance with the drafting of sponsorship programs and packages
- Assistance with exhibition set-up
Operational event management
During each stage of the event organization, we punctually or more intensively provide advice and assistance, by taking into account the administrative, accounting and legal rules, with the support of the University departments.
- Assistance with the search for and selection of management tools, service providers and venues
- Draft specifications and competitive calls
- Support for the general event organization and scheduling of social events
- Interface with partners and local players
- On-site presence and assistance during events
We provide you with several tools to help you in organizing your event by yourself. Those are regularly updated.
Application to host an international conference in Bordeaux
To be adapted to your project, this document will help you to promote the destination of Bordeaux and the University, and make an attractive presentation of the upcoming event.
Bordeaux major events agenda
A lot of major events take place in Bordeaux and area throughout the year. This agenda will help you to wisely schedule your event and choose the dates according to the local news.
Organizer practical guide
This guide has been designed to help researchers in the general organization of their events.
To receive one of those tools, please use the contact form below.
The fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory.
- Week 26
L’université lance du 26 au 30 juin une semaine de symposiums internationaux. Le but : initier et développer les collaborations avec nos partenaires privilégiés, l'Alliance Euskampus et l'université de Kyoto, mais aussi mettre en lumière certains projets et acteurs marqueurs d’innovation pour répondre aux grands défis sociétaux.
- Date : du 26 au 30 juin
- 3 événements
- Audience internationale
- Lieux : plusieurs sites sur le campus de l'université de Bordeaux