Bordeaux International Support (BIS) - Japan
The University of Bordeaux has developed long-standing collaborations with Japanese higher education institutions and research centers, both in the fields of training and research.
Taking into consideration this history of collaboration as well as the excellence of the Japanese higher education and research system, IdEx Bordeaux has included Japanese academic institutions among its strategic partners.
In June 2013, a delegation of political representatives of the university of Bordeaux – IdEx Bordeaux has visited Japan with the aim to promote and develop partnerships in the frame of IdEx Bordeaux, to give structure to projects enabling the strengthening of Bordeaux-Japan relations and to evaluate the feasibility of opening a Japanese office of the university of Bordeaux in Japan as an enabling instrument to the development of Bordeaux-Japanese cooperation.
What is the aim ?
The aim of Bordeaux International Support (BIS) – Japan is to encourage the emergence and strengthening of project with high added-value. It covers training, research and best practice exchanges and particularly targets the mobility of university staff (students, academics, support staff).
The expected outcomes of the programme are :
- Support the setting up and strengthening of research and training partnerships and networks involving Japanese partners,
- Strengthen the positioning of Bordeaux as a major HE and research institution on an international level,
- Enable students to enjoy an international environment early-on in their training path,
- Participate in the internationalization of the institution through best practice exchange.
Type of actions supported
This call involves the following actions:
For these actions, the following topics are considered priorities:
- Support to the internationalization of research (such as setting-up of common projects, development of co-supervision of theses, preparation of joint applications to international call for proposals, summer schools, etc.)
- Support to the internationalization of training (such as development of a joint training offer in a specific topic, study visits for students, preparation of joint application to international call for proposals, organization of joint seminars, etc.), with a particular focus on the development of partnerships at graduate level
- Support to the internationalization of administrative departments.
- Support to best practice exchange (participation in workshops, study visit, etc.)
Applications may be sent continuously. They will be examined on a fixed date three times a year according to the schedule for calls indicated in the call for proposals.
- BIS Japan Call for proposals BIS Japan Call for proposals
- BIS Japan Application Form BIS Japan - Application form