2017 Call for applications
Proposals must be submitted electronically via the web-based application page on our portal. All requested documents must be provided in order to validate your applications (refer to the Applicant guide for details).
Please note that because the evaluation process will involve international reviewers, all documents must be written in English.
In order to prepare your application, please follow these steps:
- Identify the proper local scientific environment for your project.
- Obtain the agreement of a local laboratory.
- Prepare your application by downloading Documents A and B from our website.
- Once all the requested documents are completed, go to the application page and fill the application form.
- Attach the following documents:
- the Administrative application form, or Document A;
- the Project proposal, or Document B;
- a short CV with a list of a maximum of 3 referees;
- a major achievements track-record, max. 2 pages. (list of major publications, patents and other important scientific communications and awards);
- a signed letter of support from the local mentor;
- a signed letter of support from the director of the host laboratory;
- a cover letter (in PDF format);
- signed letters from the referees mentioned in your CV;
- a copy of your PhD certificate or other official document attesting that the candidate hold a doctoral degree.
The selection is done by a dedicated panel, including external personalities and authoritative researchers from the site, on the basis of evaluation reports writen by external reviewers.
External reviewers will evaluate each proposal. Each reviewer will be provided with the same framework and clear instructions for performing the marking:
- Excellence of the candidate, evaluated on two criteria:
- Research experience and scientific production including patents, publications...
- Consistency of the candidate's profile with the research project (scientific background and experience in the field)
- Research project, evaluated on two criteria:
- Scientific/technological quality and innovative nature of the project
- Structure of the project (precise definition of expected outputs, selected methods, setting of milestones)
- September 26th 2016: opening of the application process.
- November 27th 2016: deadline for applications.
- December 9th 2016: eligibility evaluation.
- End April 2017: publication of results.
- From July 2017 to December 31st 2017: beginning of the post-doctoral contracts.