Focus on the "ERC Support" program
In addition to the tools set up in 2014 providing increased support for the submission of European projects, IdEx Bordeaux offers a new "ERC support" program aimed at assisting ERC applicants in the downstream phase of their evaluation, in the prospect of a new submission the following year.
This initiative is aimed at A rated applicants who failed to obtain funding. Depending on the ERC category, this support consists of the following:
- for "starting grant" or "consolidator grant" applicants, seed funding enabling them to consolidate the scientific project submitted, and get the support of a consultant to submit a new application. The seed funding, of a maximum of €60,000 over a period of 1 year, can be used to initiate research work without waiting for the result of the new submission.
- for "advanced grant" applicants, intensive support and advice from a consultant for the submission of a new application.
Any researcher or lecturer-researcher on the Bordeaux site having submitted an application for an ERC grant in 2015, supported by one of the partner institutions of IdEx Bordeaux and having obtained an A rating in the evaluations. Beneficiaries of this support are not eligible for a new request.
Rules for the submission of requests
Upon receipt of the ERC evaluation report, eligible applicants must contact the European bureau of their home institution, which will submit the request to IdEx Bordeaux.
This request must be backed by:
- the evaluation report (ESR)
- a letter stating the researcher's commitment to submit a new ERC application in the 2016 call for proposals
- for ERC starting grants and consolidator grants, a brief stating and justifying the amount sought in seed funding
- the granting of seed funding (for starting grant and consolidator grant applicants, who are the only ones eligible) is subject to approval by the management board of IdEx Bordeaux