The aim of the PEPS program is to create a “ripple effect” that will see the IdEx’s drive for excellence spread across the entire Bordeaux site and encourage the development of new interdisciplinary initiatives.
This call is now closed.
The aim of the program is to create or support a creative, collaborative research approach both within and between teams within the Bordeaux site, by targeting new interdisciplinary research approaches. The projects proposed must involve several actors from higher education or research institutions on the Bordeaux site.
Applicants must complete an application form, available on the Documents section.
Please consult the full text of the Call of proposals also available for download on this page.
Proposals should be submitted from 25 January 2016 on the SIGAP platform:
The deadline for applications is Thursday 25 February 2016 (midnight).
Applications will be assessed by a scientific committee made up of representatives from the CNRS and researchers and teacher-researchers from the Bordeaux site, who are nominated by each of the founding institutions of IdEx Bordeaux. The assessment is based on the following criteria:
1) Eligibility criteria:
- exploratory nature of / initial support for the project;
- involvement of at least two teams belonging to separate research units or laboratories based on the Bordeaux site, working in at least two of the three following disciplines: Science and Technology; Life and Health Sciences; and Social and Human Sciences (where there is a subcontracting arrangement in place between the partners, it must be clearly explained how this collaboration will contribute towards technological innovation);
- agreement of the director of the laboratory proposing the project.
2) Selection criteria:
- scientific excellence of the proposed project and the scientific team behind it;
- how the project’s impact corresponds to the risk-taking involved, in relation to the objectives of the PEPS program (preliminary nature, leverage for the Bordeaux area, possibility of responding to national or European tenders, ability to promote disciplinary integration among local communities);
- interdisciplinary nature;
- whether the proposed budget is in line with the aims of the project.
Funded projects will be notified 9 to 10 weeks after the call for proposals has closed.