Chronicity Valley : program of trans-border mobility in favor of health aging and innovation in the field of chronic diseases© igor_Fotolia
This new cross-border program aims to boost innovation on the subject of aging and chronic diseases by strengthening links between actors in the Basque and Aquitaine regions.
The aim is to bring researchers, members of industry, healthcare organizations and the local governments of these regions closer together.
The cooperation is based on initiatives originating in the academic world and industrial bio-health groups in both regions. Chronicity Valley seeks to further the sharing of good practices, development of joint projects and industrial innovation.
Providing financial support for stakeholders
The Chronicity Valley program is an opportunity to support exchanges among scientists, academic actors and/or the socio-economic sector. A call for expressions of interest has been launched with the aim of funding short study trips and assignments between the two sites. It is open to:
- all researchers and doctoral students in any discipline at the University of Bordeaux and the University of the Basque Country;
- all companies in the healthcare sectors in Aquitaine and the Basque Country;
- all healthcare establishments and stakeholders in both regions.
This experiment is supported by:
- Bioef, Fondation basque pour la recherche et l'innovation en santé
- Gipso, Groupement des industries Pharmaceutiques et de Santé du Sud-Ouest
- ARS, Agence régionale de santé
- ADI, Aquitaine Développement Innovation
- Basque BioCluster
- Osakidetza, service de santé du gouvernement basque
- Eurorégion Aquitaine-Euskadi
- IdEx Bordeaux